Monday, April 2, 2012

Morven Re-Cap

Just wanted to give a quick update on the Princess Lissell.  Lots of work to catch up on, so I'll keep this brief.  

After a brief meltdown at the trailer, I decided to lunge Lissell before getting on for dressage.  It definitely worked, and I think I'll try this tactic again at Redland.  Lissell put in her best dressage test to date, but unfortunately the dressage judge didn't agree.  :-(  I thought some of the 5's and one 4 were a bit undeserved, but what do I know! In any case, we started off the day in second to last.  Boo!  Here's her test:
On to stadium!  Lissell was a rock star.  Absolute rock star.  I think we have the sucking back problem fixed, so now we just need to settle a bit.  I'm discovering that she has quite a big stride, so there needs to be a "whoa" down the lines to make them a little neater.  But overall, I couldn't have been happier.  Here's that video:

Finally ... cross country!  I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this mare.  She was spot on perfect!  I had a mistake at the stone wall where I didn't keep the power going up the small hill, but she got us out of it quite well.  I gave her a pat, apologized and promised not to do it again.  There were 3 "hard" questions that I was happy to have on the course as a test for our hopeful move up later this spring/summer.  I'm mostly a speck in this video, but here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment